Other Easy Ways to Give
Give from your IRA
Make a difference today and save on taxes. It is possible when you support Food Bank of Alaska through your IRA.
You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as Food Bank of Alaska without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at FBA. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
- Connect with your retirement provider
- Contact Jenny Di Grappa, firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-222-3102 to discuss using your IRA to support FBA and our mission.
- To include FBA in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID. Please let us know of your gift (many retirement providers assume no responsibility for letting nonprofits know of your intentions so your goals won’t be honored). Food Bank of Alaska, Inc. 2192 Viking Drive Anchorage, AK 99501. Tax ID: 92-0073175
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
A DAF is a centralized vehicle for charitable giving that makes it easy for donors to dedicate funds to support nonprofit organizations. It also provides an operationally convenient and tax-efficient method for donors to manage their charitable giving.
With a DAF, individuals, families, and businesses make an irrevocable gift to a public charity that sponsors a donor-advised fund program, and may take an immediate tax deduction. Donors can then recommend grants over time to IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) public charities including Food Bank of Alaska. Most DAFs accept donations of long-term appreciated securities and other assets, and donors can advise how the funds are invested, which could potentially allow tax-free growth, and could result in more money for your charity.
Leave a legacy
Would you like to make a gift to Food Bank of Alaska in your will? Find out how easy it is to leave a legacy of feeding Alaska’s children, families, and seniors. Learn more
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
All personal information given by you will NOT be rented, sold, or shared with any other company or organization.
THE DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have certain rights that are listed in the Donor Bill of Rights.
Here are more ways you can support Food Bank of Alaska
- Facebook: Create a fundraiser through your Facebook page to support Food Bank of Alaska. *FB does not charge fees for fundraisers that directly benefit nonprofits. https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/
- Midas – One Change Leads to Another: In need of an oil change? Stop by any Midas Alaska store and they will donate $1 from every oil change to Food Bank of Alaska.
- Charity Miles: Raise money for feeding hungry people while you walk, run, or bike. Just download the Charity Miles app and select Feeding America.
- Amazon Smile: Already an Amazon shopper? Log onto your account through Amazon Smile and .05% of eligible purchase will be donated to the charity of your choice. For Chrome users, consider downloading Smilematic to ensure your Amazon purchases always go through Amazon Smile.