Other Easy Ways to Give
Give from your IRAMake a difference today and save on taxes. It is possible when you support Food Bank of Alaska through your IRA. You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as Food Bank of Alaska without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at FBA. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
- Connect with your retirement provider
- Contact Jenny Di Grappa, firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-222-3102 to discuss using your IRA to support FBA and our mission.
- To include FBA in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID. Please let us know of your gift (many retirement providers assume no responsibility for letting nonprofits know of your intentions so your goals won’t be honored). Food Bank of Alaska, Inc. 2192 Viking Drive Anchorage, AK 99501. Tax ID: 92-0073175