You can help to keep Food Bank of Alaska’s shelves stocked with a variety of nutritious foods by organizing a food drive. Food drives are essential year-round, especially in spring and summer when donations are low.
Plan a drive to collect food. Please note we only accept donations of non-perishable food from food drives. Please review our healthy donation list for ideas on what we need most.
- Register your drive. Please fill out this form to let us know about your food drive.
- We have red-branded food drive barrels available for your drive. Please request the number you would like when submitting the form. *Please note the food drive host must pick up and drop off the barrels along with the food collected.
- Use our new food drive poster, which you can fill out with specific information about your food drive. Download it here.
- Hold your food drive. Now is your chance to involve your family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors. Every 1.2 pounds of food you collect is the equivalent of a meal for one person. We also welcome monetary gifts you raise during a food drive – with every $1 you help us distribute 3 meals.
- Deliver your donations M-F, 8 am – 4 pm, to Food Bank of Alaska’s Warehouse. Dropping off your food helps to maximize the value of your donation and keeps our trucks out on the road collecting food from the food industry and delivering food to families through our Mobile Food Pantry program.
USDA Foodkeeper App
Along with helping you understand the best way to properly store food, this resource will help you determine if your food is safe for consumption. https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep-food-safe/foodkeeper-app