News & Events
Infrastructure Grant Now Closed
Infrastructure for Alaska’s Food Bank Network Grant Opportunity
Deadline for applications: September 26, 2022, 5:00 PM
Grant Request Amount Range: $25,000 to $1,000,000
Update 9.26.22: This grant opportunity is now closed. We plan to announce grant awardees November 1, 2022.
The State of Alaska has awarded Food Bank of Alaska $6 million to bolster Alaska’s statewide anti-hunger network through infrastructure and capacity building projects. There will be a competitive grant process to identify which projects will be awarded. Organizations must demonstrate participation in or a commitment to charitable food distribution to qualify.
- 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 charitable organizations, 501(c)19 public charitable organizations, faith based organizations providing social services to the broader community, tribal organizations, and local governments are eligible to apply.
- Projects must be to support capacity building or infrastructure needs including new facilities, renovations or expansions, vehicles, equipment such as pallet jacks or forklifts, etc. Operating requests including staff expenses, utilities, and food purchases are not eligible for funding.
- There will only be one round of funding and grant applicants are encouraged to apply for as much funding as they need. If applying for multiple projects, applicants are encouraged to prioritize their funding requests.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants in/serving rural areas outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, and the Mat-Su Borough, as well as to organizations that function as food banks in providing food to other agencies or communities.
- Projects must be cost reimbursable and covered by insurance. Awardees must meet all state assurances.
August 29th: Grant application opens
September 20th: Requests for initial review are due by 5:00PM
September 26th: Grant applications are due by 5:00PM
November 1st: Grant awards will be announced
Questions, feedback on project ideas, and discussion around applications can be addressed to:
- Ron Meehan, Policy & Advocacy Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-222-3103
- Penney Champney, Infrastructure Grant Consultant
email@example.com or 907-222-3118
Applications must be submitted through the online grant portal (button above). You can preview the application online or by viewing a PDF version.
If you have issues accessing the budget spreadsheet (Google link in application), you can also access it here.