Thank you for your interest in registering your group to volunteer. We couldn’t do our work without our community coming together to help their fellow Alaskans in need!
This page has information for groups with five or more people. Please fill out the Group Volunteer request form at the bottom of this page and provide as many details as possible.
If you would like to sign up a group with four people or less click here. Each volunteer will register as an individual without needing to contact Food Bank of Alaska staff.
Tips for Group Volunteers
- Please bring only those in your group that have signed up in advance. If any group members learn that they cannot attend, they must cancel their registration before the shift so we can open their spot for other volunteers.
- If you need to change, reschedule, or cancel your group volunteer activity, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
Tips for Groups with Children/Teens
Many of our volunteer assignments are in our warehouse where we have equipment running and because of this, we ask that you carefully consider the following age and chaperone requirements for youth volunteers.
- One adult chaperone is required for every:
Five children ages 10-12
10 children ages 13-15
- Please be aware that Food Bank of Alaska staff may not always be in the work area as they need to attend to other work assignments as needed. As a chaperone, you are the primary supervisor of your youth. Generally, it is not Food Bank of Alaska staff’s role to monitor the youth while they are volunteering. It is the responsibility of the chaperone to be accountable for the student’s behavior and redirect/discipline as needed.
- All volunteers and chaperones must wear closed-toed and closed-heeled shoes when volunteering.
We reserve the right to turn away youth volunteers for disorderly conduct, safety violations, or disregard for the experience of fellow volunteers and the mission of Food Bank of Alaska.