Become a Member
Become a Member!
Advocacy is most impactful when it is personal, and one size fits all approaches do not work for all of Alaska – you are the experts in your community. We need local advocates that are willing to speak up about the challenges their communities face regarding hunger and federal programs.
You should join the Alaska Food Coalition if your organization is interested in joining the fight against hunger in the state. And no, you do not need to be a food pantry or other food distribution organization, though many of our members are.
Membership in the Alaska Food Coalition has many benefits, including:
- Access to a mini-grant that will give funds for capacity building.
- Links to grants and other funding opportunities throughout the year.
- The invitation to attend the AFC annual meeting in Juneau and access to scholarship funds to help cover the cost of travel
- Access to a network of anti-hunger advocates throughout Alaska
- Opportunity to form relationships and share best practices with government and charitable agencies involved in anti-hunger work
- Information and research about anti-hunger efforts in Alaska
- Collaboration in the future of the coalition’s statewide anti-hunger work
- A neutral platform to inform the public, legislators and opinion-makers about hunger issues
If this doesn’t seem like a good fit for you, but you still want to stay in the know on anti-hunger advocacy issues, please join our Advocacy Action Alerts list! We will email you when we need community members to take action!
For more information about joining the Alaska Food Coalition please contact:
Alaska Food Coalition Manager/Food Bank of Alaska Policy & Advocacy Manager
c/o Food Bank of Alaska
2192 Viking Drive Anchorage, AK 99501